Some useful paid apps for the iPhone and iPod touch



Some useful paid apps for the iPhone and iPod touch

I am currently in San Francisco and Apple's World Wide Developers' Conference has just ended. There were expected to be several changes to the iPhone and its operating system.

It is the creativity of the many apps that are available that makes the real difference for me with this and my iPod touch, over and above what the devices can already do with data integration and the computer. I try to keep costs down by installing free apps. If these are all users want, they can register at the App Store online using a no credit card option. However, there are some paid apps that I have been unable to resist.

A couple of free apps from True had caused me slight concern: True Music and the True Wi-Fi Locator. The Music App annoyed me when I first tried it and not just because it is not available for the Generation 1 iPod touch. Almost every time I tried, it would crash. A recent update improved that and I now find I can accesses certain music videos easily.

Although the iPhone and iPod touch indicate when Wi-Fi is nearby, True's locator provides a map and looks a little further. It appears to use True's own database of locations. This only works on the iPhone and Generation 2 touch, which is a shame as those with the Generation 1 iPod touch might also like the information.

The iPhone and touch identify Wi-Fi, but it is useful to have more information. While iStumbler on the Mac will give a good amount of data, an app called Wi-FiFoFum produces similar data (like Mac number) plus, when available, location co-ordinates, so the antenna can be pinpointed. This valuable app from Aspecto costs $2.99 (103 baht).

0 Comment:

Post a Comment